Genuine Brass - The entire bed will be produced from this semiprecious metal. It is an alloy of 70% copper and 30% zinc. All of the beds have a baked on epoxy lacquer clear coat, which will prevent tarnishing for years. As opposed to the less expensive plated brass beds, these should actually appreciate in value over time - that is, become a family heirloom for generation after generation to enjoy.
Lustre Brass - A term trademarked in the early 1990's. As the marketplace demanded less expensive brass plated beds, we knew we needed to get our story across that our brass plating was vastly superior to many of the lower quality imported lines - hence, the name. It is a different process in that the steel tubing goes through many more washing and polishing steps. We also then first plate nickel onto the tubing before plating the thin layer of brass. This does two things: 1) It allows for a much more durable bonding between the brass and the tubing to prevent flaking and peeling. 2) It provides a much more "depth of finish" to the finished product that makes it look very similar to its more expensive genuine brass counterpart. All of the beds are also totally made from steel - many cheaper versions have several plastic connectors, finials, etc. The finished product is then also coated with the same baked on epoxy lacquer finish to prevent darkening - others will simply use a spray on lacquer, which will loose its protective properties with time.
Custom Finishes - The hottest segment of the metal bed business. It started with matte black and antique white products and has grown into multi step finishes, 3 dimensional finishes, hand wiped antiqued finishes, etc. It is important to note that all of our base finishes are powder coat applied. That is, the steel tubing is charged positively and sent through a high-speed spray booth where dry powdered paint is electro-statically charged negative and applied to the tubing. This builds slowly a permanently bonded painted product. It is a process borrowed from the auto industry, and provides a durable base coat that will not chip or flake off the frame. You can actually take a hammer to the tubing and dent it before cracking the base finish! We again separate ourselves fro many competitors by making our casted beds in a mold. That is the casting is poured around the framing, then filed and finished. It makes for one solid piece headboards and footboards. Others will use a 2-piece casting that clips around the framing - they can loosen over time and fall off the frame. Many of our topcoats are hand applied making each piece a unique heirloom. All the products are then also lacquer coated to prevent any change to the finish.
Wood - The most important feature in this collection is that all the wood parts are SOLID! Many less expensive importers use a veneered or laminated wood product. Although these beds require assembly of the wood to the metal parts, we again as always have engineered quality into the construction - not just wood lag screws, but machined screws that fit into threaded inset steel sleeves.
Additional Features -
1) Most important when purchasing a complete bed is that we have had our parent company design for us an engineered bed frame to attach headboard and footboard. All other company design for us an engineered bed frame to a attach headboard and footboard. All other metal bed companies ask the retailer to match up "any old frame" to use with their product. The frames we use have 4- leg supports in twin/full and 6-leg supports in queen/king. This ensures that all the weight of the mattress/box spring/and sleepers is on the 3,000 lb. tensile strength, lifetime warranted bed frame. It allows for the metal bed to "free float" around the frame to prevent any damage to the headboard or footboard. It is a more expensive method of supporting metal beds, but one that we believe is essential!
2) 10-year non-prorated warranty. The best in the industry. Backed by a multi billion-dollar parent company.
3) Hidden bolt attachment of frame (on most products). We patented a process that allows for the bolts to attach to frame from inside the post. This eliminates the ugliness of having a bolt head stick out into the bedroom.
All Iron Accents products have our 30-day money back guarantee. Click here for more information on our Terms & Conditions
1. The genuine brass, plated brass, painted metal, or finished wood components of this bed, daybed, headboard, or related product are warranted to the original purchaser to be free of defects in workmanship or material for a period of ten (10) years from the date of purchase. During this warranty period, the manufacturer will, at it's option, repair or replace any such defective component without charge except for transportation, shipping, and handling costs.
2. This warranty does not cover the mattress, springs, frame, rails, supports, or any other accessories or parts of the product. Nor does the warranty cover any damage or loss related to (I) improper use, care, assembly or service; (II) transportation, shipping or handling; (III) institutional or commercial use; or (IV) negligence, alteration, or unauthorized repair. The warranty does not extend to any person other than the original purchaser, and may not be assigned or transferred to another.
3. To take advantage of this warranty you must promptly (I) return the warranties component (along with the purchase receipt) for inspection to the retail seller where the product was originally purchased, or (II) send written notice (along with the original receipt and copy of warranty) to the warranty department. The notice must describe the product. We will then send written authorization to ship the component, prepaid, to the company within 90 days of such authorization. If claim is determined valid, we will execute its option to wither (I) repair the defective component, or (II) replace the product.
4. ANY CLAIM UNDER THIS WARRANTY MUST BE MADE BEFORE THE ORIGINAL WARRANTY PERIOD EXPIRES. Any replacement item is covered by this limited warranty until the original warranty period expires.
5. This warranty is exclusive and in lieu of all other express warranties, oral or written. No employee or agent nor any other person has the authority to modify this warranty. Any limited warranties, including the implied warranty of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, shall be limited to the express warranty set forth herein. We disclaim liability for all special, incidental and consequential damages.
6. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of special, incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights that vary from state to state