Whether it is a place to set your favorite book and drink or a space to rest your feet upon while watching TV, a coffee table can provide a variety of functions. On the other hand, a coffee table is so much more than functional. From rustic to elegant and traditional to contemporary a wrought iron coffee table along with iron console tables
and side tables
are crucial pieces of furniture that help to complete the tone of your rooms' decor. The table you choose plays an important role in centering your furnishings, setting off your style and making you room feel complete. So, consideration of size, shape, style and function are important. If you are searching for a wrought iron coffee table, as with any piece of furniture, you probably have a few questions. So for your convenience we have compiled some basic industry information and tips that should help to answer any questions you may have, and aid you in finding the table that will be most appropriate for your needs.First a clarification - Do you need a coffee table or a cocktail table?
The dictionary defines a coffee table well as a cocktail table as "low table where magazines can be placed and coffee or cocktails are served". That means they are basically the same thing. In general, the decision as to whether a table is called coffee or cocktail depends only on the manufacturer's preference.Size matters - you don't want to buy a coffee table that is too large for your room.Height
- The standard height for coffee tables is from 16 to 18 inches, and the most popular guideline is that a coffee table should be about the same height or one to two inches lower than the seat height of the sofa. But you should always determine your needs before selecting a wrought iron coffee table. For instance, do you entertain frequently? If so, a higher table is sometimes preferable, up to about 21 inches, so your guests won't be inconvenienced while setting down their drinks. Some other exceptions to this guideline are; If you like to use the coffee table as a foot rest, avoid coffee tables that stand higher than your couch as it can be awkward and uncomfortable if your feet are higher than your body while lounging around. Will you be eating at the table? If so, a tea-height table (about 25" tall) will be more comfortable.Length
- The length of the table should always be long enough for everyone seated on the sofa to be able to reach the table. But it should never be as long as the seating area of the sofa itself, to allow people to be able to exit the sofa A general guideline is about two-thirds the length of the sofa (not including arms).Width
- The width can be determined by how much room you have between the upholstered pieces and the table in your seating arrangement - leaving approximately 18 inches around each side of the table and between the table and the sofa.Scale
- The proportion of the coffee table needs to be in keeping with both the size of the living room and the scale of the surrounding furnishings. You don't want to buy a coffee table that is too large for your room. If you live in a small apartment a small coffee table would be practical. On the other hand, if you have a large living space, there is a lot more flexibility when it comes to wrought iron coffee table size.Shape - Should it be square, rectangular, circular or oval?
One of the standard guidelines for coffee table placement is the 18-inch rule. It is recommended that you always allow 18 inches between the coffee table and the sofa or the chairs, anything more puts the table too far from the people sitting on the sofa. Knowing this rule and keeping in mind other consideration can help to determine the shape wrought iron coffee table you need.
Style - The perfect coffee table should complement your living room setting
- A square table is appropriate when you have a sofa and a couple of chairs on each side or when you have a sectional sofa with both sections being the same length. In this case a square shaped coffee table will fit allowing an 18-inch distance to all seating pieces.
- A small round table, on the other hand, may be perfect for a small space. As the relationship between the edge of the sofa and the edge of a round table exists at only one point so, you could break the 18- inch rule if needed and pull the table as close as 12 inches to the sofa.
- A rectangular table works well with longer sofas or with sectional sofas that feature a long section and incorporate a chaise lounge on the end.
- Sometimes two smaller tables work better than one. This may be the case if you have a narrow space and a really long sofa.
- If the safety of small ones is a concern, a rounded or oval table with gentle edges may be a wise selection.
The perfect wrought iron coffee table should not only complement your living room setting, it should also be functional and durable. So when choosing a table, you must take into account its usability and convenience as well as the style of your living room. For instance, if you have young children at home, your coffee table should be sturdy and functional, whereas if you entertain often, you should keep utility as well as appearance in mind.
First consider who's going to be using the table and what they're going to be using it for.
- Is it going to be used by kids with crayons or homework? If so, choose a top such as a stone or laminate or one that's already got imperfections, such as distressed wood
- Are you going to sit on a sofa and put your feet up on the table? If so, look for an, ottoman-style coffee table and put one or multiple trays atop it to hold food and drinks.
- Do you like to sit on the floor and eat off the coffee table? If so, look for a table that you can slide your legs and feet under.
Next, analyze your living room's decor so you can match your coffee table to its style
- Traditional Style Coffee Tables - Tables featuring a decorative metal or wrought iron base with a simple glass top such as our Lorraine Cocktail Table offer classic traditional styling and accent formal settings.
- Contemporary Style Coffee Tables - Contemporary wrought iron coffee tables usually feature clean lines and minimalist design. Often made from metal, glass or stone they may sport geometric or other artistic shapes like our Reach Statuesque Wrought Iron Console Table.
- Rustic Style Coffee Tables - Rustic settings are perfect the woodsy pine and woodland series of wrought iron coffee tables hand-forged by Stone County ironworks.
- Old World Style Coffee Tables - For a European inspired decor, the barcelona coffee table from Bago Luma collections offers an old world inspired wrought iron base paired with marble that captures the vibrant history of distant lands and adds warmth and depth to your home.
- French Country Style Coffee Tables- The popular French Country look, lends itself to swirly wrought iron bases combined with wood or aged copper tops, and works well in a slightly informal setting, on porches or with outdoor patio furniture.
Regardless of style, here are a few more guidelines can assist you in making an informed choice:
- A glass-topped wrought iron coffee table visually enlarges a small space because it appears to take up less room than a solid table of the same size.
- A glass-topped table allows light to travel through a space and won't obscure a beautiful carpet beneath.
- A table with prominent legs looks best against a skirted sofa or chairs.
- When in doubt, its better to choose a coffee table that is "too large" rather than "too small".
So whether you're looking for a wrought iron coffee table as a focal piece in your living room, or an accent piece to an existing collection, now that you are more informed, you should have no problem selecting the perfect finishing touch for your room.
Other wrought iron living room tables we offer:Accent Tables
: Accent tables include any small living room tables, such as side and occasional tables. Accent tables provide needed sitting and storage area as well as "accenting" your décor.Iron Console Tables
: An excellent yet often-overlooked way to add convenient surfaces to a living room, console or sofa tables are used for more than defining spaces; their height makes them perfect for the living room, hall or entryway.Side Tables
: Placed at either end of the couch or next to a chair, end tables are great for holding lamps or for setting drinks and snacks on while watching TV.
Wrought Iron Coffee Table for a Wonderful Room
[Posted on January 11]
If you have always loved the look and sophistication of wrought iron, you will love the selection that we offer here Iron Accents. At our site, we offer a huge variety of wrought iron furniture and accessories. No matter what type of home you are looking to enhance, you will find that we offer a wonderful range of items to choose from. We offer wrought iron coffee tables, iron dinging chairs, iron beds, shelf brackets and more. In fact, whether you are looking to enhance your interior, outdoor patio or garden, we have wonderful items to fit it perfectly.
Our Wrought Iron Coffee Tables Help to Complete a Room
At Iron Accents, we are sure you will love what we have to offer when it comes to our selection of wrought iron coffee tables. No matter what type of room you are planning on placing a coffee table in, we have what you require. Our wrought iron coffee tables come in a wide range of sizes, styles, colors and are perfect for just about any décor. In addition, all of our wrought iron coffee tables are extremely durable and made from quality materials, so we can ensure you that you will enjoy your coffee table for the many years to come.
Finding the Perfect Item is Easy at Iron Accents
When you shop at Iron Accents, be prepared for an experience unlike most web sites. At our site, we not only want you to find beautiful wrought iron coffee tables, but to find the right one for your specific needs. This is why at our site, you will immediately notice plenty of information regarding all of our furniture and accessories to ensure that whatever piece you like is the right one for your home. In addition, please take advantage of our professional customer service. We are dedicated to helping you create the perfect home or outdoor environment.
Browse Our Site Today
Now is the time to browse Iron Accents. Not only do we offer a wonderful selection of wrought iron coffee tables, iron dinging chairs, iron beds and accessories, but you will also find plenty of value. Add in our quality customer service and we think you will love the overall experience you receive at Iron Accents. And don’t forget, if you have any questions, contact us directly. We are here to help.
A Wrought Iron Coffee Table Adds Beauty to Your Home